Wouldn’t it be nice to spend less and deliver a more meaningful message?
The Quest for the Perfect Card
If you visit any card aisle, you’ll see it: loved ones trying to find that “perfect” card. It’s a huge time suck. Plus, the card writer doesn’t really know your loved one, so how could they write a message that comes straight from the heart?
Make it personal with DIY cards.
Not only do they cost less, but your loved one will receive a personalized and meaningful message.
And, let’s face it, with all the birthdays, weddings and baby showers you’ll be attending this year, wouldn’t it be nice to save a little money?
DIY Card Tips for Any Occasion
DIY card options are endless. Purchase quality paper and a snazzy envelope, and you’re ready to create a personalized Valentine’s Day message. Here are a few ideas for making your card unique.
- Use fun shapes. Instead of creating a typical square shaped card, get creative. Make your card a circle, heart or even a star – whatever feels right for the occasion.
- Break out the shine. Fight “dull card syndrome” by adding shiny details, like adhering glitter to the front of a birthday card – or, placing a shiny bow on the front of a baby shower card.
- Use texture. Think of paper as your art canvas. Then, layer different textures on top. Use lace, beads or charms to make your card special.
- Play with color. Use black and white for a wedding card, or use vibrant colors for a birthday. The right shades of color will make your card stand out.
- 3-D images. Your message will jump off the page with embossing, which creates a 3D effect. Simply use a rubber stamp to stamp your desired image, sprinkle embossing powder over the image and tap away excess powder. Then, use an embossing heat gun to harden the image.